Thursday, November 6, 2008

I am writing a blog for the first time. When I was asked what I would name it, 'My muses' was the first thing that came to my mind. On checking for availability of the name, I realized that I was really late in getting on this bandwagon. After trying several names, I decided to go for 'Random walks through life' because I am not going to find time for a 'Daily muse', that's for sure.
Also, it was a tribute to this wonderful book I read when I was working for my PhD, called 'A Random Walk in Science'. That was at an age when you feel you can take on the world single handed and can actually change it or help shape it. Well, after many attempts at changing and shaping, some successful and others not, some aimed at the world (those were mostly the unsuccessful ones) and others at people, you realize that things are not easy as they once seemed. Anyways, that book made me the see the humorous side of Science.
I was always told that I should write, and the blogger is a perfect tool for that venture, which I am starting years and years after I was encouraged to write. So, for those who care..... read on.........

No comments:

Post a Comment