Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Carrot variations

It was my first successful attempt at growing carrots this year. For about 3 weeks, I kept harvesting a good amount of them, and got to see some interesting aspects of home grown, organic carrots.

My first harvest was exhilarating! I picked five carrots to see if they were ready!

Harvesting Carrots

After about a week, I pulled another 4 to add to a salad. One of them was a nice yellow instead of orange like all the others were. A different kind of pigment maybe. It tasted just as great though! Loved the variation!

Harvesting Carrots- color variations

The next week, I decided to pull a lot of them and ended up with a nice harvest!

Harvesting Carrots

A nice bunch of freshly picked and washed carrots is such a joy to hold and behold! And consume eventually!

Carrots harvest

This was the last of my carrots, pulled about a week after the bunch above. Another good yield! Another diverse range of shapes and sizes! It was delightful to watch these grow and mature, from seeds to plants, and then getting to enjoy them on the table, adding flavor to a variety of dishes!

Carrots harvest

No comments:

Post a Comment