Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Pumpkin Season!

This is my favorite season of all! I love the color palette for this time of the year. The olive greens, the oranges, the deep reds, the deep purples, the beige, the browns... all lovely shades that bring out their best when put together. Earthy tones, as they call them. When I was a little girl, and we would go shopping for dress material, I would invariably choose a brown or some shade of it, much to my mom's dismay. She would not understand why I would always be attracted to a dull color like that. To me, it wasn't dull, I thought the different shades of brown were fabulous, and I would not even look at a pink if I were given a choice. That was then, much hasn't changed, the color palette I go for is still earthy. 


When I was new to this culture, I used to enjoy seeing the lovely displays put up everywhere we went, during this season. I began looking at having a small collection for myself to make little displays of my own when harvest season was here. Slowly, over the years, things started to add up.






I have bought fresh pumpkins... but have never managed to carve them into jack-o-lanterns. It is an art, I am told. I should try it sometime. I always remember Linus (in the peanuts comic strips) saying his famous line......... I didn't know you were gonna.............. :-)........ watch it here.. Please watch it till the end. There is only one line in this 1.30 min clip. :-)


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTAd0g2QGHg



2 comments:

  1. I found the blog refreshing after what we went through in the last week of October. Try to get back the mood. It will help us all in going ahead with life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my country,pumpkin season is usually over in three weeks.
    How about writing for some upbeat season now?

    Put your writing skills through an acid test,my dear.
    Waiting....

    ReplyDelete