Friday, November 6, 2009

Restless....

Written on November 1, 2009............

When one feels a little low, what does one do? A good friend of mine urged me to write. I took him up on it and decided to have a go at it. Sometimes, things work out in ways that you cannot explain. One cannot even put in words what exactly one is going through. One may put a brave face and act normal, but appearances are deceptive and an unexplainable kind of feeling is left behind. There is some guilt, some helplessness, some anger, and even some remorse.

Anyways, so I chose to write to get away from those feelings. Ever since I read the Amar Chitra Katha,  I wondered what Gautam Budhha gained under that tree that made him so peaceful. I guess when you understand that, all these feelings that I talked about earlier go away. It is like that chapter in the Bhagwad Geeta I had read and understood a while ago. It talked about attachment and desires and actions and a very common sense chain of processes that can make one feel sad or at peace, depending on what choices you make. For a mortal human being, making the right choices is often a very challenging task.

-------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Completed on November 6, 2009

I felt like that all day that day.... it only got worse at night.... and then the dreaded call came at around midnight.... my mother had passed away............ It is so astonishing to realize that intuition is indeed a reality, which one does not believe in, until one actually experiences it.

May her soul rest in peace and may we get the strength to bear the sorrow of her loss.

1 comment:

  1. "To live in the hearts you leave behind,is not to die"

    That way,she will always be alive.....

    ReplyDelete