Monday, November 30, 2009

Different

This has been a different month. I have had the experience of going through feelings that I did not even know existed. I have realized that there is more to the saying 'putting oneself in someone else's shoes'. It is not easy to even begin imagining what it is like for somebody else going through a particular situation, unless you go through it yourself. One takes so many things for granted and does not realize the importance of things till they are no longer there. Even if one does realize the importance of things, it is not easy to fathom what it is like when that something parts with you for good.

I wonder if I can sound more complicated than that. Those are the kind of thoughts going through my head these days. I am missing a part of my life that was always there for me. I am fully aware that what happened was for the best, and a lot of pain and suffering was avoided. However, why do I still feel so helpless, so lonely, so unable to comprehend a lot of things!

A few friends have used some very nice words that I think will stay with me the longest. Things that were taught to me and those that I carry forward will be the legacy of the person who taught me those concepts. A person lives on and around the people s/he loved in the little ways they carry forward the legacy of that person. Striving to do that should be my goal from now on.

1 comment:

  1. It is month now Aai is no more. Yes we miss her and will miss her. But we have to go ahead with life. Get back to your hobbies and work. That is the best tribute you will pay to her.

    ReplyDelete