Thursday, August 2, 2018

Almond Jalapeño Crackers


Almond Jalapeño Crackers- with Guacamole- Gluten free snack

We love the gluten free almond crackers they sell at Costco, and I was buying a box every week to snack on. I soon realized that the price was pretty steep and wondered if I could make the crackers at home. Today, as I was passing through the snacks aisle, I saw jalapeño chips, and that brought on a craving I thought I had forgotten about. So when I got home, I decided to look up recipes of vegan almond crackers. Lots of amazing people have shared fabulous recipes with varying degrees of tweaks. I decided to add my own tweak to it. I got a fresh Jalapeño pepper growing in my kitchen garden and chopped it fine. 

Mine is not a food blog, so the presentation is a little different. However, you will find all the necessary details you need if you decide to try out this recipe.  

Ingredients-
Almond Flour (Fine)- I cup
Flaxseed meal- 1 tablespoon
Sea Salt- 1/2 teaspoon
Olive Oil- 1 tablespoon
Fresh Jalapeño- chopped fine

Water- 3 tablespoons

The oven was preheated to 350 degrees.

Almond Jalapeño Crackers- Ingredients

The ingredients were mixed together to form a ball of dough, which was placed between two pieces of parchment paper, and rolled with a rolling pin. I have never done this before using parchment paper, and the shape turned out a little different than what I intended.

Almond Jalapeño Crackers- Dough rolled out

Using a pizza cutter to cut the flattened dough into squares, the parchment was placed on a tray and it went into the oven for about 17 minutes.
Once the color had turned to a light brown, the tray came out onto a cooling rack.

Almond Jalapeño Crackers- Fresh out of the oven

Today, we had homemade almond crackers with a Jalapeño flavor, and homemade guacamole to go with it. It was a delicious crispy snack!
Note- The jalapeño only added a mild flavor, some zing, it did not make the crackers spicy.

Tips for next time, I can roll the dough out thinner, and I can add garlic and fresh herbs like rosemary, thyme, or chives for additional flavor.

Almond Jalapeño Crackers- with Guacamole- Great crispy snack

No comments:

Post a Comment